Saturday, July 30, 2011

THE EPITOME OF MY HEART by Valerie Alston

I cried out loud, I could not refrain~ The intensity of what I felt over and over again~ I knew love was much of life~ Bitter sweet roses laced with pain~ Ask the lonely and you will feel~ The difference between what is fake and what is real~ I tried to explain, I tried to be true, but only the wind listened, brisk as it blew! As my lover left a throbbing sensation of what was inside~ I was on a trip that shifted into overdrive~ Forever more my heart denied~ My tear stained face, I cried and cried! Fan the flame of burning desire~ For what I am I will inspire~ A love put in its perfect place after all those lonely nights~ A heart so cold, as cold as ice while we grew distant in a heated fight~ And when I saw my lover with her that day~ I knew it was just another power play~ His ego allowed him to be head-strong~ As he played the part in another lover's sad song~   

No comments:

Post a Comment