Wednesday, July 8, 2015

SWEET HONEYSUCKLE ON THE VINE by Valerie Alston

Honeysuckle sweet on the vine, smelled so good, as I walked past the bush and the trees, wooden picnic tables nearby.

A gentle breeze brushed around my face, soft yet gentle upon my skin, I breathed the air so fresh and clear, noticed it aroused my senses of sweet honeysuckle on the vine.

Blue Jay birds fluttered above my head, a red robin sat upon the tree branch tweeted then flew away.
Sunshine warmed my cheeks it glistened highlights between green leaves of the trees.

A quick glance at the sky, I thought of what heaven might be like when I got there someday.
Didn't know what to expect when I'd get there but sure it would be a family reunion with the ones long gone.

Peace was knocking at my door, better get rest and prepare for the unknown, a time that would come another day
.
Oh and how rested I was when I heard a noise sounded like a buzz in my ear, instead of fear I felt the joy of nature's finest lady bugs, toads and frogs, and then he came, my lover to me, he was no prince charming that I could see, yet the love I felt having him near, was the only thing I needed and made it clear.

So sweet the kiss on his lips, the taste of honeysuckle on the vine, and closed my eyes, it was my time.

No comments:

Post a Comment