Sunday, August 30, 2015

Glowing Light by Valerie Alston

I sat by the window staring out at the trees. A moment of tranquility was felt by me and I looked at the hazy blue sky and all the birds that were flying by, I bowed my head in a moment of silence, and gave thanks to God for creating me. I told him how good it was to be alive and ask that he keep me safe and warm when the winter comes.

The sunshine sparkled between the trees as I lifted my head for another view.

If I am right, if I am wrong, I have few regrets over the life I chose to live, and if I had to do it all over again, I would do the same.

The tall Redwoods looked down on me, I held my head high gazed at the blue sky.

Since the years have gone by, rolling clouds cover the sky as I feel my life is not my own. Living on borrowed time my friend, that part of pain is hurt.

It is what it is, and that's the way it is.

The ground below was full of debris, furthermore the past could not be changed. I loved my life way back when, till something happened then the sorrow began. A wrong turn on a One Way Street had seriously injured me.

The price of freedom was all in vain as I held my head down in the pouring rain. I lay there on a green park bench, resting. For the price of freedom is costly my friend the road is rough till the bitter
end.

No comments:

Post a Comment